Click any of the icons below, sit back, relax and enjoy my conversation with Matt Matros on Chasing Poker Greatness.
Today my guest is 3-time WSOP bracelet winner, poker coach, and author of “The Game Plan” Matt Matros.
Matt has racked up over $2.5 million in live tournament cashes over his almost 2 decade long career.
Some highlights include:
- The aforementioned triple WSOP bracelets in $1,500 6-max event, limit hold em, and mixed hold ‘em tourneys.
- Finishing third at the WPT Championship for over $700k
- And three more WSOP final tables.
This conversation was a real joy for me.
It brought back many fond memories of a time in my life when making a WPT final table was the end-all-be-all and it was a mortal sin to miss an episode of the World Poker Tour (Not only because it was exciting but also because it was one of the few real sources of high level poker strategy anyone had access to).
You’ll hear stories about Matt’s good friend the late great Gavin Smith, the only time Matt forgot what hand he had in his entire poker career, and one pivotal AQ Matt wishes he had back.
In our conversation you’ll also learn:
- How Matt ended up at the $25k WPT Championship final table
- A greatness bomb on how MTT players misunderstand ICM.
- Why low expectations are a poker superpower.
- And much, much more!
Without any further ado, I bring to you 3-time WSOP bracelet winner Matt Matros.