Click any of the icons below, sit back, relax and enjoy my conversation with Jaime Staples on Chasing Poker Greatness.
Today’s guest on the Chasing Poker Greatness podcast is one of the pioneers and most recognizable faces in the world of Twitch poker streaming Jamie Staples.
Jaime and his younger brother Matt (Who’s a former CPG guest) are PartyPoker sponsored pros and I wanna say a couple of things straight away:
1) I had never met or interacted with Jaime in any way before he and I had this conversation.
2) It became painfully obvious to me as our conversation went on as to why he has such a massive following: The man is as authentic and as genuine as it gets.
He’s a man who cares about having a positive impact on the folks he crosses paths with, and wants to leave poker in a much better place than he found it.
In my opinion, these are the folks we ought to be championing and supporting as much as humanly possible if we truly want poker to survive and thrive far into the future.
In today’s episode, you’re going to learn:
- Why you’re destined for failure if money is your sole driving force to improve at this game.
- How younger brother Matt REALLY began working at Poker Staples Worldwide.
- How a big public failure involving a prop bet with Bill Perkins has caused Jaime to examine the root causes of unhealthy lifestyle decisions.
- And much, MUCH more!
So, without any further ado, I bring to you a man after my own heart who won me over as a fan for life through a single interaction … Jaime Staples.